I'm sure everyone has noticed the fact there have been a few hours of maintenance over the last week and a bit, and I would now like to say that all of our (Torchez, Sheree and I) hard work is coming to a conclusion this week. For starts, I'll explain why we have been working so hard and been putting a lot of time into the tasks we have been doing...
Okay, this is going to be quite a boring read, but everyone needs to know about how Mojang and Microsoft are now cracking down on the EULA for Minecraft (If not, you can have a read through the EULA at the end of this post, or you can read what I am about to type.).
So to start with the EULA, it states if you are to charge a player:
~ "Ask for donations (as opposed to direct charges) IF you do not offer the individual donor something in exchange that only he or she can use. You may offer server wide rewards if donation goals are achieved though."
~ "Sell cosmetic items, except for “Capes”, IF the item sold does not give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server - i.e there can be no “pay to win”."
>> Our interpretation of those two points made stated in the EULA is that we are now unable to sell any perks to players for hard currency (Real life money) that would put an imbalance to the gameplay between players, this includes all flight methods, kits, and (We know this will cause a bit of uproar among the community), but also item spawning and creative mode. Stating that we are only allowed to "sell" cosmetic items, such as our current Particle and Digsuise perks. Now, so mentioning that, I have gone out of my way and read the EULA and found loopholes to actually allow our Epics, Epigod and Titangods to have their perks, without having it clash with the EULA, of which I will mention in our list of changes regarding our transformation to be compliant with the legal standards that are now being enforced.
>> What we have decided to do is (Now, don't get too mad, because we have been working for a way to keep it as good as we can for everyone), as well as out new implementations we have been working on:
- Merge the ranks, EPIC, EPIGOD and TITANGOD into one rank, keeping the name EPIGOD. Now, we have chosen to do this because they are the 3 ranks with item spawning capabilities. And because we are unable to have it so it puts other players at an unfair advantage, everyone who will have EPIGOD, will have access to creative plot world, with each plot as 100x100, and the ability to claim 4 of them;
- Having the EPIGOD's in their own plot world with creative mode, this also removes the restriction in the main world of having to enforce the rules, as there will be the separate inventories for the worlds. The rule such as, "No EPIC+ is allowed to be on the same claim as a player lower than EPIC" or ones involving EPIC+ owning shops. Balancing it out, allowing all players to be equal within the survival world.
- We will now be moving to a proper spawn that we have been working on for a while, thank-you to Torchez and Sheree, which will be in its own world too, as it will also become the place where some future "events" may happen.
- As some players also know, we have implemented a few other fun plugins, and there may be more to come during the the upcoming maintenance.
- There are also many other changes that will happen within the next few days, but this post is long enough, so I might just leave it as a surprise.
>> Alright then, so the main point of the post other than to raise the changes that will be happening to EPICRAFT, is that the final implementations for the server will be added during the maintenance on Saturday (28/05/2016), at about 12pm Australian Western Standard Time, when the whitelist will be put on, and won't be taken off until the Grand Re-opening which will be counted down to at approximately 8-9pm AWST.
Thank-you again for your time, we appreciate everyones patience for reading such a long post.
Epicraft Server Tech
P.S. ALL STAFF THERE IS A BUILDER MEETING (27/05/2016) AT 4PM AWST (6PM AEST) AND ALSO A STAFF MEETING (28/05/2016) AT 8:30AM AWST (10:30 AEST)! BOTH MEETINGS ARE COMPULSARY AND MAY RESULT IN PUNISHMENT IF UNABLE TO ATTEND!